From:
tootsdon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 21 Mar 2003 10:08:26 -0500
Thank you everyone for your responses in helping me find a vet to help
Nickel out.  I had scheduled surgery with a local vet but would've had to
wait till next Thursday.

In the meantime one of Nickel's cagemates, Cooper J, developed his second
UTI blockage just after getting of antibiotics!  I rushed him to my vet
where he stayed for a day and a half to make sure he remained unblocked.
I just picked him up wednesday.  It has been very stressful for all of us
here.  My vet wanted an ultrasound done on Cooper J before anything else
was to be done (surgery, etc), which I had scheduled for today (friday).
I've been frantic worrying about either one of these blocking again,
never mind watching them in separate cages making sure they urinate all
the time.  I got hold of a very experienced vet in Boston who was totally
booked till April sometime and after hearing what was happening, she put
in an extra surgery day just for these 2 guys !!!!  THAT IS DEVOTION and
TRUE CARING!  I am totally thankful and in shock this was done for them!

Please say a prayer for them.  They will be going in on Monday night,
having surgery Tuesday morning.  I guess it is a good thing my
stepdaughter left.  Had she not left, these ferrets, may have died from
blockages that she would not have caught on to!  There are reasons for
everything!

THANK YOU EVERYONE FOR YOUR HELP!  FML FRIENDS are the BESTEST!!! (nice
word huh :-) )