From:
CORRINE A ROONEY <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 23 Apr 1998 08:17:44 -0400
Hello,
I am an owner of 6 ferrets and have been a ferret owner since 1986, so I
have come by my share of biter ferrets that needed to be reassured.  But
here is my question.  Recently my mother adopted her first ferret.  At time
of adoption the ferret was calm and did not bite at all.  The shelter did
not classify her as a biter ferret.  Since she has been home she will bite
very hard if she wants to be put down or even if she is out exploring and
you try to pick her up.  I mean the ferret bits real hard and hangs on, not
just a little warning.

I have been using the scruff and hiss method followed by kind reassurance.
Any other suggestions and possibly any reason the ferret may be doing this?

Thank You
Corrie~~Peanut,Satchmo,Band-Aid,Flea,Garbonzetta and Zoey~
visit us at http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/Hills/4406/