From:
Brad Laraway <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Mon, 24 Jan 1994 13:01:56 -0500
> Issue number: 707          Date:      Jan 24 1994
> Subject: Orange Fur
>
> rash of sorts last summer.  She developed orange crusting on patches of her
> skin, and her underfur turned orange/yellow in those spots.  She still has
> Ciao - Dave and "the girls"

        My ferret Sebastian used to have this problem.  Every time I took
him to the vet it seemed to disapear.  I have no clue nor does my vet.  I
have not seen this on him in almost a year.  It's gone and nothing in his
diet ect.. has changed.  Good luck.

> Michelle and The MASKeteer's.

        Congrats on the new additions.  As for the champage I had WAY to
much on saturday. So I'll take rain check.  Moet any one?

> Subject: Dieting Ferret??

>   I am looking for a reason or any suggestions to my problem.....
> He hasn't stopped eating but it has slowed way down.
> Michelle and The MASKeteer's

        My ferret Sebastian also did this around one year old.  He went
from 4.5lbs to 3.5 now.  This was over the last two years.  He looks very
big, but now it's all fur and muscle no more baby fat.  I liked it alot better
when he was fuller but I'm sure he's better off being a lean mean stealing
machine.  I hope that's all your seeing in your ferret.  I also got him a
play mate when he was around a  year old. Mako the terrible.  He is the
sweetest ferret I've ever met.  But then again I'm very biased because he
allows me to live him.

        Lost the header. :)

> Hi all
>         I've been getting the FML for about a month now, and I have
> several requests for information.
>
> 1. I've been seeing references to a paper on adrenal problems.
>         again and you can see through skin in some places. HELP !
>         I need info. What tests do we run, what will surgery entail,
>         and most importantly, what is the success rate?
> Thanx much
> Janice, Dweezil V'orri, Frieda the furball and the rest of the zoo
> email :: [log in to unmask]  or  [log in to unmask]

        Sorry I can't answer any of your quesitons.  Out of the three
ferrets that we have with adrenal tumors, all but one is no longer
with us.  Bambi who is the oldest and longest lasting of the three is
doing great.  She came to our shelter as bald as Kojak, now she looks
like teenager.  The other two also had other complications besides adrenals.
Wish you loads of luck.

        As for the lost ferret, I know how you feel.  Sebastian made a
great escape from my sisters third floor balcony two years back.  I
thought he was gator bait.  My sister lived just off a canal where several
large gators lived.  After twelve hours of searching I found him. I cried
the whole time he was gone.  I hope your story ends in a happy reunion.
Best wishes from my self and the gang.

        Well it's monday I hope you all have a good week.  Take care
and best wishes from all of us.

        Brad, Mako, and Sebastian,