From:
Catherine Shaffer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 24 Jan 1996 11:15:29 -0500
I don't think anyone here is advocating feeding alcohol to ferrets.  Are we?
Also, the ferret I mentioned that drank vodka drank a *whole water bottle of
it*!  Yes, this nearly killed her.  If I drank half my weight in vodka (I
estimate 7 gallons to be equivalent), I would be six feet under.  I also
don't feed my guys soap, furniture polish, lint, foam rubber, shoe leather,
etc, but I've had occasion to notice that they like it.  Mostly, I let the
ferrets taste whatever I'm eating or drinking.  I guess I shouldn't have
done it the day we had lint and furniture polish casserole, but hey...

Safe and Happy Ferretting,
-Catherine Shaffer

BTW, several hours of comatose sleep sounds pretty typical for a ferret. :)