From:
Ela Heyn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 3 May 1998 11:16:18 -0400
Boy, I was shocked to read this!  If I went to a vet who told me that the
vaccine reaction I was witnessing was due to a "live virus", that would be
the last time I would ever go to him/her.  I expect my vets.  to be *honest*
with me, and not give me inaccurate information just in hopes of "placating"
me.

Also, what about those patients who are then led to believe that their pet
really DID receive a live virus, and then go about spreading this
misinformation to other pet owners?  Sounds like even your sister, the one
who is studying to be the vet, bought into this piece of misinformation,
given that she told you that YOUR pet's reaction might be due to "too much
live virus".  Sorry, but I think misinforming people in the name of "calming
them down" is just irresponsible ..

- ELa

   (000)___(000)        Ela Heyn
   ======@======    http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/5483