From:
Lisa M Andrews <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 9 Nov 2001 16:21:36 -0500
Hi to all the fuzzies and their humans - my thoughts are with those of you
who have sick ferts or ones who have recently passed to the Bridge.

How time changes things in our lives.  A month ago I posted about losing
my beloved Casper to some unknown disease.  He went without me even being
able to say good-bye.  I was out of town at a seminar and he and Rosco
were staying with a friend who runs a shelter in the area.  Though I still
miss him and it kills me to look at pictures of him, life has moved on and
things are getting sunnier in our home these days.

A few weeks ago we brought home Stoney.  Stoney was up for adoption at the
shelter when Casper died.  The shelter mom thought it would be good if
Rosco was allowed to play with other ferts to keep him company after
Casper passed.  He and Stoney hit it off well and I told her that I wanted
him, I just need a little time to heal.  We let them have a couple more
"play sessions" and then I brought him home.  He's been a handful and
caused me no end of stress in the last couple weeks, but he's so darn cute
I can't stay mad at him.  The getting lodged under the kitchen cabinet and
finding a crack to get into the wall was the best, so far.  We had to take
the cupboard apart to get him out!  Even my vet said, "He's stunning to
look at, but what a little stinker!"

But, when we had our last play session, the shelter had taken in a
beautiful 10 month old black sable named Brownie (don't ask about the name,
we haven't figured it out either).  He needed his shots, but fit into the
"group" rather well.  On Wednesday night I brought him home.  Of course
he's got his own little tricks, that need to be forgotten (like how to open
the kitchen cabinets and squeeze under the couch), but, in time we will fix
that.

Everyone seems to be getting along fine.  Rosco doesn't seem any worse for
wear, except for being pooped after chasing two "kids" around.  Stoney is
getting to learn all types of new tricks.  And Brownie is happy hissing
and bouncing off the walls!

My big dilemma now is, what to call him?  Brownie just has to go.  There
is no way that a ferret this black can keep the name Brownie.  There isn't
a spot of brown on his body and the only white is the tips of his ears, a
little around his mask, his chin, his toes and a diamond on his chest.
So, I'm open for ideas, any thoughts?

Dooks to all!
Lisa, Chris and the fuzzies
Rosco - "Man am I pooped!"
Stoney - "Hey buddy, wait for me!"
Brownie - "Neat place, got raisins?"
Forever in our hearts - Casper, Ozzie, Ally and Peanut (the ferret-dog)