From:
"Ferrets First Shelter, TX" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 13 Sep 1996 08:12:49 -0400
Hi gang,

Just wanted to let all of you know that I will be out of town for a few
days, so if you email me, I won't get it until Monday.  I am going down to
Houston to meet Miss White Fang.....FINALLY!!!

I am so excited, she has become a very large part of my life even though I
have never met her.  I will be staying with Margaret Zick and her gang of
fuzzy beggars and theives.  We are not certain yet exactly where White Fang
will eventually be placed.  She has such a strong urge to eat many things
that are bad for her, I am afraid this little one will have to lead a
well-superised life, otherwise she will eat everything plastic or rubber in
sight, even down to the **rubber feet of the telephone** if you can believe
that one.  She races to the phone when she sees it and then tries to flip it
over to chew the feet!!  Now we know how she wound up in surgery in the
first place.  She is so darn smart that she is her own worst enemy.

She is still not getting along with other ferrets from what I hear.  So
there is a good chance that I may bring her back with me.  The person who we
had considered adopting her to is concerned that they may not be up to this
*challenge*.  We will talk about all of this once I get to Houston, but rest
assured that the welfare of White Fang is our primary concern.  I fear that
she can never be allowed out of a very restricted play area, and this is
hard for some fuzzy owners to deal with.  She will also be limited on
toys....(since she tries to eat everything).  So there are alot of concerns,
but no decision has been made yet.

Will keep you all updated.  Oh, Festus is going along with me, he wants to
meet Stan and all the other ferrets that his sponsor-mom Margaret has down
there.  He is so excited!!

Kisses to the Fuzzies
Trish
Director, Ferrets First Rescue & Shelter