From:
Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 4 Feb 2000 15:45:28 -0500
Hey, Sam, thank you for educating all of us about that 16 year old
publication about NZ fur fitch!  (Wasn't the testing method used then
also different than the ones used now, and more fallible, too?  I seem to
recall that, but may be off on the dating; sometimes a lot of years run
together in my head.)

In case anyone need to read up on these subjects the article topics in the
latest edition of the American' Ferret Association's magazine, AFR: the NYC
suit, the Tyson ferrets which CJ saved, invasive species articles and ways
they have been used and misused, some great photos -- personal fav this
time is the one of Willow sleeping with Smudge the cat in a patch of
sunlight -- a real "Awwwww...." shot, book reviews including one of Karen's
_Essentials of Ferrets, a Guide for Practitioners_, listing of shows and
events, a BFF Utah article opposite one about a government facility sued
for poisoning prairie dogs, ECE, esophagostomy feeding, adoption approval
processes, the ferret community educating pounds and public shelters by
Lori, ear cleaning, living with ferret articles, a poem by Amy, and more --
many by FML folks.  Sorry that it took me so long to post this, but time
has been scarce around here -- do what I can get to, which is not always
the optimal thing to do -- and something wait or just don't get done.
Anyway, you can find out about the AFA from their webpage at [log in to unmask]
which they need to list prominently in the AFR in the future (maybe under
the events listings with a note that updates will appear there).  It's a
non-profit, ferret-supporting group.