From:
Ann Marshall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 5 May 1998 13:25:00 EST
Someone posted that it was unlikely that ferrets were the 3rd most common
pet.  Well they were right, they are actually the 4th most common pet
according to the book "The top ten of everything in 1998" by Russel Ash.
There is a catch though.  The only reason they are listed as 4th is because
they are classified in with small animals that include rabbits, hamsters,
guinea pigs, and gerbils.  I assume that is where this theory of being the
third most common came from, although we have slipped in our ranking.  I
think we all need to let some ferret math hit.  Ha, ha, ha!

Ann and the Three Rascals