From:
Melinda Wood <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 16 Aug 1998 16:13:03 -0500
I have to disagree with Jennifer Ackley-Kelley.  I do not think a ferret
should have free roam unless they are CONFINED to one room that they can
NOT get out of.

There is a HUGE difference between letting a dog or cat roam free in your
house and in letting a ferret roam free.  Cats and dogs can be easily
taught not to attempt to escape when the door is open or even held open
for long periods of time.  Now try teaching that to your ferret.  It won't
happen.  Just by using a simple command or even a look at your dog or cat
and they have gotten the message loud and clear that they are NOT allowed
to go out that door.

I have to say that my opinion is no ferret should be allowd free roam of
the entire home.  If they are  going to be left uncaged then they should
be confined to one room that is entirely theirs and no possible way for
them to escape from that room to other rooms in the house.  It is just
too risky and dangerous.

Take Care