Date:
Sun, 29 Nov 2009 15:11:37 EST
In reference to the FML post as follows:
> http://sanantonio.craigslist.org/pet/1481356989.html
>134 Ferrets FREE to good home. (San Antonio)
>
>As you can see, I have alot of ferrets. I have a large outdoor/heated
>room, and yard filled with containers/cages. I must reduce my herd!...

PLEASE, let us all refrain from any frantic rectal-cephalic inversions
here. If this is for real we'll know soon enough. If it is real, we'll
deal with it on a local level. If any intervention, and/or rescue
placements are necessary, we'll make that determination on this end.
If funds or supplies are required for this purpose, we will seek and
embrace the generosity of the ferret community at that time. PLEASE
do not send any money, food or ferret accessories to ANYONE, until
requested by myself.

At this time, this could be legitimate or a hoax; we don't know and
won't know until we are able to properly assess the situation. Let
cooler heads prevail.

Texas Laws, and Local Ordinances must be adhered to, by not only the
person in question, but by anyone or group interfering with private
property/domain laws.

For those who do not live in Texas, we have the "Castle Law" which
effectively allows the property owner to use deadly force to protect
human lives and/or private property rights.

We also have at the State and Local levels, Laws and Ordinances which
define cruelty, neglect or malfeasance of domestic animals; including
privately owned domestic pets.

I have been working the legal and humane legislative venues since 1990
personally, and the San Antonio Ferret Enthusiasts (SAFE) since 1991.
We have gained many successes in those areas for ferrets, by working
within the system. There is a right way, and a wrong way to deal with
this issue. We (SAFE) will work within the limits of all applicable
Laws and Ordinances to address any legitimate ferret issues in our
area.

Our local ferret and animal loving friends have a wide reach, we will
get to the truths of this situation, and deal with it accordingly.

As a group, we are caring, compassionate, educated and dedicated to
our ferrets; we will adhere to those traits which make us the special
people we are.

"Ferrets are Special Pets for Special People"

Thanks, Dooks and Blessings,

Rick White
SAFE Legislative Affairs  Chair
San Antonio Ferret  Enthusiasts (SAFE)