From:
"Michael Schieman, Mee Maw and ferrets" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 23 Apr 1997 23:37:07 -0400
Hi folks!

Nope, the Old Fert ain't kicked the bucket yet.  Every now and thens we
wonders on account of because it's gettin' harder and harder to wake him up
at 5 AM every morning.  It ain't our problem that he sits up till the wee
hours watchin' that comet thingy and writin' letters to folks!

Anyways, he come home tonight with a bucket of flowers in his arms.  We was
just about to call him a sissy when Mee Maw said that we hadn't oughta.
Odie tried to eat one of the yeller flowers but Mee Maw plunked him on the
nose and tolded him that he was bein' bad.  Then she filled up an old wine
bottle with water and putted them flowers smack dab into it.  She did!

Well, since you'll know why we're toldin' this here story, today was
National Secretary's Day.  Along about half past the time that Paw Paw's
laig got tore up and he couldn't walk so good or do 'lectric work no more,
he started helpin' out one of Mee Maw's customers by drivin' their mail
truck for a day or two.  One thing led to another and he started doin' other
stuff for them folks.  Now he's doin' really important stuff like keeping
the warehouse messed up, fetchin' lunch, fussin' at the Post Office, and
puttin' viruses and dirty pictures on all the pooters that they gots there.
They even gived him an office so that they's can shut the door and lock him
in whenever customers come around.

One day, this lil' ol' gal what kinda runs the place asked him to type up a
letter on his pooter and print off a copy of it for her.  He sure did get
excited that day!  He'd been doin' some serimous puzzlin' over why that
there TV set on his desk didn't never have nothin' worth watchin' on it.  He
done thowed himself into the task and come up with a letter that was just
natural-born brilliant.  One thing led to another.  Now this lil' gal gives
our Paw Paw all the stuff that she needs writ.  Sometimes he draws them
letters with his crayons.  Sometimes he types them on that pooter.  She
likes it best when he don't use the crayons.

Anyways, our Paw Paw has sorta-kinda been doin' secretary work for that gal
-we thinks her name is 'Wander' or 'Brat', somethin' like that - for quite
some time.  So, she gived him a whole big bucket of flowers today on account
of because of it bein' Secretary's Day.  That maded him feel all special
like.  He got's a smile all over his face tonight!

We sure does likes it when he's in a happy mood lately.  He sure can get
grouchy when his laigbone commences to actin' up.

So, special ferret kisses to Wander and to all them other folks what let our
Paw Paw feel useful when he done got turned out by that 'lectric company.
Thanks to all the ferret folks what enjoys the stories that he writes.  He
do get down sometimes becuase he don't feel so good.  Funny, just as soon as
he decides to get all down and grumpy, somethin' special - like flowers on
Secretary's Day - happens to him.  Joy to the World!

Many much loves and special thoughts to any critters what ain't feelin' so
good today.  Special loves and comforts to the human-type folks who is
worried about them.  We celebrate the lives and joys of those who have
passed on and are waiting for us at the Rainbow Bridge.

Loves, dooks, and cold-wet noses in the wee hours,

Tater and Odie

PS: Tater thinks that the blue flowers taste the best.  We didn't get to
taste the white ones - the Old Fert done ate them all before we could get to
them.