From:
wesley hurley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 18 Sep 2002 08:12:07 -0500
Hello, everyone, we're very happy to have joined you!

My name is Susie Lee, and my partner-in-ferret-Care is Wes Hurley.
( I'm writing because I'm the one who can spell :) .  We're part of
The Pensacola Ferret Rescue, Inc., located in Pensacola, Florida, at two
different locations, because two sets of families are involved with this
Rescue.  So we each have, currently, 33 ferrets "apiece" totalling 66.
Nearly all of the fuzz-babies at our house are elderly,
medical-condition-monitored (like diabetes, etc) and hospice-care which
both Wes and I look after 24-7 since we can, being both of us retirees.
You can see pictures of Most of them all, at http://www.weloveferrets.com

I love to read about and see pictures of and be charmed by everyone's
little fuzz-babies!, now I get to return part of that Joy!

So Now I shall introduce you to the 33 at our house by their names with
which they have each charmed us into thinking of them by!

Here we go!...
Shadow Superguy : Caira The Winsome : Farley The Mouser : Daisy Darling :
Duff MacDuff (our "ambassador"-ferret) : Molly Blue Angel : Coco LeCreme :
Zipper-Goes-Faster (she's the teeniest, fastest five-year-old you ever
did see!) :
Katie O'Cato (used to be named just "cato", but Katie's a Girl! :) :
Falcor LuckDragon : Cleopatra Pearl : Jazzmine MissBoss :
Zeus MellowFellow : Zinc-A-Dinc-A-Zoo (ZincADinc, that's You!?) :
Gusselwaite The Good : Appalonia Kissyface : Maggie Mae Moxie :
Peanut Patootie : Walnut WeLoveYa : Cecelia Cinnamon : Lady CokeLeSweet :
Evander Brown : Poindexter White : Onyx Olinda :
Diamond Tiara ("princess" of her troop :) : Emmaline The Dear :
Spanky LeBeau : Sandy LeQuick : Harley Davidson : Baby Doll Babushka :
Felicia Ferrette : Simone So-Lovely :
LittleOne Wandra (answers to just plain "Wandra") .

How's that?! :)

So often at a rescue, one will recieve more than one ferret with a "same"
"first-name", such as we had, for a while two different "Duff"'s and so,
to help individualize each into some better recognition, their names are
made "whole" by me from their own behavioral or appearance-suggestions...
the "other" "Duff", for instance, because if his slim, quick,
get-into-unlikely-areas-that-big-strapping-DuffMacDuff-could-Not climb
nor reach, became, after the Rudyard Kipling tale, "Duff Tiki-Tavi"...
For nearly any rescue, it seems like a good idea to "whole-ize" their
rescued-ferrets' names for (at the very least!) identifying them the
better!  Well, I think so, anyway, especially after having had several
sets of same-first-named ferrets at once.

Take care, all!  (Susie Lee...Wes says "hi", too)