From:
Mike Janke <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 27 Oct 2005 06:36:47 -0400
>From:    Anne Ryan <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Reporting in from Florida

Thanks for thinking of us down here, Anne.  I haven't been able to read
the FML, so if any of this is old news, forgive me.

Not a lot of destruction in the Miami area, but almost total loss of
power.  The trees that Katrina didn't take, Wilma did.  Not many shingles
or tiles left on roofs and I don't think any screened-in enclosures
survived.  This was an amazingly dry hurricane so little flooding from
that, and most of the water you see on the news is probably from the
storm surge.  My street barely got wet during the height of the storm.
It was weird.

I haven't been able to find out anything about Broward Ferret Rescue.
I'm sure they also have no power but I know little else.  Chere in Vero
Beach reported in last night that she got power back and has supplies she
can get to shelters in need.  Gas lines are enormous, so traveling around
is a luxury.  Plenty of fuel available, just no power to pump it into
cars, so few stations are open.

I couldn't find our cat at work, but she popped out of the bushes
yesterday, seemingly none the worse for the wear.  She was happy to
get back to her regular meals!

That's all I know for now.  Sorry to hear about Julie's house and the
encounter with the tree, but glad to hear all the people and animals
are okay.  The house can be fixed.

For the ferrets,
Mike

* Michael Janke, [log in to unmask]
* South Florida Ferret Information, 305-385-6750
*
* Website:  http://www.miamiferret.org
* Adrenal/Insulinoma web site: http://www.miamiferret.org/fhc
*