From:
Sandaili <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 26 Apr 2008 23:48:46 -0700
My fiance heard a commotion. I've had the cages for a year now. And it
was Greyford, (Grey), stuck with his back leg twisted behind him. I
think he tried to stretch as he always does, belly down and face first,
as he woke up. Only this time, he got his foot stuck between the ramp's
top and the cage.

He bit my fiance (I was asleep) and according to the fiance, was biting
all the ferrets who came to "help" or watch him. He got me up and I
scruffed Grey while my fiance loosed his foot.

My wonder is - who makes good ramp covers, and do they cover that gap
at the top between the ramp and the cage?

I like the Ferret Nation. But with all of it's wires, gaps, and spaces
- they really need to start making it with the FERRETS in mind.

I remember when everyone complained about the dangerous shelves. I
got new ones shipped to me. Guess what? They still can get their toes
stuck. It just eliminated a metal bar that was where someone's ferret
had got stuck. There are still gaps between the shelf and the frame of
the shelf. Why can't they just mold one piece? Has anyone tried to take
out the plastic insert? It's much easier to just take the shelf out and
wash the whole thing by the time you do take it out. And then you don't
have to worry about the plastic breaking in half.

And then, of course, the ramp problem. When I did rescue I had Super
Pets. I had Marchioros. I had no-name brands, and Martin's cages. I
even made a giant community cage that took up a whole wall that was
made out of SuperPets and other cages. I had all of my personals in a
Midwest, with the metal ramps. No one ever was hurt or injured in this
cage, or others. But with the Ferret Nation, I have had many mishaps
due to the ramps AND the shelves. And it kind of makes me mad and I
wonder why Ferret Nation is still selling this cage the way it is.

People shouldn't have to resort to covers and such, after they paid for
a really "nice" cage. I can't do laundry without paying for it. I like
being able to vaccuum and wash the plastic shelves.

Anyway, I guess enough ranting. Where can I shell out some money to
keep my little ones safe?

Laryssa