From:
Sara Ferret <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 15 Jan 2010 22:27:36 -0500
It was a lovely day at de Bridge. SaraFerret was was sitting outside
her cottage. The kits were playing and it was so peaceful. She turned
her head for a minute to see what Serena was trying to show her and...
She heard the flutter of wings and she turned her head ever so
slightly. Of course, there was Dexter, de little boy courier, with a
note in his paw, (he didn't hit anything on his way in dis time). He
said,

"SawaFewwet, there are two fewwets that has crossed the bwidge. Their
Mommy has requested that you gweet them. I told you that this would
happen if you kept messing awound and not being on the job and being
wight at the entwance like you should be. Anyway here is the note. Do
you want me to get anyone."

I took de note and read it and with a sigh, told Dexter to be SURE he
got the correct group and to be at the RIGHT place. Then I scampered to
a path by de entrance where I (hopefully) could head off the newcomers
before they got lost. I was just in time to meet a plump sable and a
large albino with a sneer. So I quickly introduced myself,

"Hi I am SaraFerret and I am de bridgegreeter. Welcome to de Rainbow
Bridge. Here you will have no more pain or suffering. You will run on
green grass and have lotsa friends. Did I mention de fun and games?"

The sable spoke first, "I am Bethany and I was rescued by Mommy
Phyllis. Do you know her? She was so good to me and my friends. I used
to bite but she treated me so good that I just quit it. I really don't
like changes though. They make me kinda nervous, if you know what I
mean."

Then the darling big albino boy said, "My name is Elvis Fuzz. I was
left in this apt and then this nice lady rescued me and with my brother
and I found my way to a Miss Sandi and then I found Mommy Phyllis.
Something happened to my mouth before all that and that is why I have
this curl in my lip. Mommy said I look cute with it. I guess I have
been really sick off and on and had some cutting on me so that is why
my fur isn't quite right."

I replied to them both, "well its so nice to see both of you. I am
glad I didn't miss you on de trail. I don't know your Mommy Phyllis,
although I have heard of Miss Sandi. Elvis, your fur looks great; just
check on it; in fact I don't see that purse string your Mommy mentioned
at all. As for that jaw problem, lets see, if you can get de jaw fixed
and still keep de sneer--POOF--one sneer; jaw fixed. Bethany, all of
us fuzzies are nervous when we cross de bridge, so do not be concerned
about dat. Everyone is peaceful here and will stay out of your way if
you get anxious. And now I have a surprise for you. You will both get
wings just like mine; well not exactly like mine; more suited for each
of you."

We went down de garden path to de Wing House where de wings were
stored. We opened de door and on de counter were two boxes--one marked
"Bethany" and the other marked "Elvis Fuzz". Bethany opened her box and
took out her wings--blue with black tips. I helped her put on her wings
and adjusted her halo. Then Elvis Fuzz opened his box carefully and
took out his wings--black--with gold sparkles throughout--perfect for
a king of ferrets maybe. Bethany helped him put on his wings and I
adjusted his halo and each ran to de big vanity mirror and gazed at
their reflection and then in unison they said, "Gee I wish Mommy could
see us now." Den I gots an idea.

We opened de door and went down de path to de Misting Pond. We sat
down beside de cool clear water and with one swish we saw the vision
of Mommy Phyllis and Miss Sandi appear. Bethany and Elvis Fuzz got so
excited they started waving and dooking with all of their might.

We love you so much. Thank you for rescuing us. Thank you loving us.
Thank you for holding us so we did not have to cross alone. We have
beautiful wings and soon we will be able to fly. We don't hurt anymore.
This place is so pretty here."

Then they began to throw hugs and kisses and Elvis Fuzz threw one of
his famous special sneers and wrapped dem with all of their love and
laid them on a nearby shooting star and by the time you should read
this it should have landed there. And with another swish the vision
was gone.

We went down another road and saw a group of fuzzies carrying a large
sign "WELCOME TO THE BRIDGE." Bethany and Elvis Fuzz seemed so amazed
and asked, "How did they know we were coming?" I replied, "Oh we has
our ways." We came upon a clearing and saw a cottage with a small sigh
"Wandering Weasels". Fuzzies were running in and out. We could smell de
most delicious smells from dere so we headed dere. Music was a-playing.
Food was laid out. Oh de best of everything, all de foods that had been
forbidden on earth. Fuzzies came over from Miss Sandi's Heaven Scent to
join in de party and gave both of them a high five. Bethany told me she
for once was not the least bit anxious. Elvis Fuzz gave his best sneer
for de ladies. I was invited to stay for de party. But I was worn out.
So I said my good-byes.

On my way home I thought to myself, "Blessed are de Rescuers, for they
shall wear crowns of gold in Heaven."

Lovey and hugs,

SaraFerret,
bridgegreeter