From:
Nicholas Nittler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 27 Jul 1995 12:45:55 -0500
Hi!

#1) On 07/25 Jeff wrote:
>  I originally was deciding between a hedge hog and a ferret.  However, I
> am now curious about doing BOTH.  Has anyone any ideas if this would be a
> bad combo?

Hedgehogs are wonderful, simple little creatures, and we love ours dearly.
However, at least in our experience, you really won't find a very high
level of interaction between hedgehogs and *anybody* else -- most often not
even other hedgehogs.  Hedgehog & ferret wouldn't necessarily be a "bad"
combo -- more likely, not much of a combo at all.  We have both, and on
those occasions when the two have been in close proximity the hedgehog
rolls up and hisses, the ferret tentatively pokes once or twice -- probably
pricking her nose a bit -- then scampers off to something more interesting.
Both animals can be neat companions, but they have different things to
offer.  (Our cats do love to watch the hedgies in their glass enclosure,
but that's fine with the hedgies since they have learned the cats can't get
at them.)

#2) I've been silently enjoying the list for several months now, and
just want to say "thanks" to a wonderful group of people. If more
people loved more ferrets -- and other small creatures -- they would
probably find it easier to love people more as well.

Nick & Mari Nittler with Wick & Phoebe (Pherrets), Tiggy & Barb
(Hedgies) and a few others . . .

Nicholas A. Nittler          voice: 556-3772
Brownell Talbot School         fax: 553-2994
400 N Happy Hollow Blvd   internet: [log in to unmask]
Omaha NE 68132-2198

"If we treated everyone we meet with the same affection we bestow upon
our favorite cat, they, too, would purr." - Martin Buxbaum