From:
henry rohowicz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 17 Jun 2000 08:16:19 -0700
Dear Deb,

Our hearts go out to you on your very sad loss.  It is hard enough to lose
one of our precious ferrets, let alone four at once.

Many of our members here in Western Australia have started to use
Revolution on our ferrets because, until now, we have had no reliable way
to protect our babies against heartworm.  Fleas are no problem as Frontline
solves that one for us and we are easily able to treat ear mites, but we
have had several deaths in some areas due to heartworm infestation and, on
veterinary advice, Revolution has begun to be used by many ferret owners in
this state.

I do not personally use the product, but only because I live in a "heartworm
free zone" (if such a thing is possible) and with 38 ferret pets it would
cost me around US$165.00 per month to treat them if I felt they were at
risk.

I have however passed a copy of your story on to "Vanessa" who is about to
re-treat her six ferrets in about four days time and, so far, has no ill
effects to report; she will endeavour to respond in person very soon.
"Rosemary" has about ten days to go before the next monthly treatment is
due for her 8 - 10 babies, however, as with Vanessa, there are no ill
effects to date.

I know they use the pack for largest dogs - teal blue/green marking on
pack, but am unsure of doseage recommended by our vet.  We will pass this
information on shortly.

I know this does not help the hurt, but I am really hoping there was
another reason why your babies died.  I am also hoping very much that
the ferrets we have started treating here continue to keep well.

Regards to all.

Dianne Rohowicz
West Australian Ferret & Ferreting Society Inc.