From:
Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 11 May 2002 14:23:55 -0400
The SOS shelter list is available through the FML -- I think you just
use the text SEND SHELTER LISTS or something similar at
<[log in to unmask]> (*****Bill?*****) [that's correct.  BIG] -- or
by going to the files section at
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Ferret-Health-List .

Paper: go to
http://geocities.com/sukieslist
and look in the section in which some content is vet-written to find
two useful CA addies, plus others (like the Compendium one) that will
help as well.  Just do it soon because Geocities is having a couple
of days of clean-up soon and will be down then.

Fasting with insulinoma: what we do is that first the individual has an
in-house blood test without fasting because if low we know.  If not low
we do a several hour fast here and then the vets monitor for any further
fasting.  For insulinoma surgical candidates we do a few hours of fasting
here and then the vets start an IV as soon as the ferret arrives and
fasts them more there with the IV going to keep up blood sugar levels
while emptying the GI tract.

Non-vets at an office often won't know ferret particulars.

Prostate: if you use the search engine at the FHL (Guide for it to be
found in the Files section there.) I believe that vet, Jerry Murray, has
mentioned some meds that can help with enlarged prostates in adrenal
ferrets who arenot good surgical candidates.

ECE: the absolutely best site for accurate info is
http://www.afip.org/ferrets/index.html