From:
Julie Coddington <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 14 Apr 2006 11:01:30 -0400
What the hell is wrong with you people out there?  I, for one, am sick
and tired of reading the "he said", "she said" tone of the ferret mailing
list these days.  Oh my god - if you don't like a shelter and don't agree
with what they do, here is a novel approach..... DON'T SUPPORT IT.  It
is just that simple.  Scroll down and move on.  If it doesn't pertain to
your life, let it go.

I must have missed the info where evidently someone started bashing
Marguerite's shelter, again, then that rattled someone's cage and they
had to post and jump on the bandwagon.  All I've ever done is buy treats
and brokered some custom art-work from Marguerite, but holy cow - her vet
changed tactics, she is in a pinch and she's no different from any other
shelter.  I try to help a lot of shelters.  Marguerite has never been
anything but wonderful for me to work with.  If you don't like her or
her tactics, don't work with her.  Lots of people have different opinions
about working with lots of different people.  Here is a big clue - not
everyone cares what everyone else thinks.  Everyone raises money and
asks for help.  Jeez - let it go, people.  It seems we just move from
one major fight to the next major fight.  Last week it was about Jen and
Phoebe, this week it is evidently Marguerite's turn, again.

One of the hardest lessons I've had to learn in life is to not react
at that moment, try to think about what you want to say, sleep on it,
whatever.  I've learned to write e-mail replies, then draft them and not
send them.  Later it won't seem so important to fly off the handle.  I'm
about ready to drop the FML.  I'm just sick of all the fighting and
back-biting.  I used to look forward to reading the posts - not any
longer.  I realize the importance of the continuous back and forth
information, but dang, some of you people just need to shut up and move
on.  If you want to pick on my writing, go ahead, if you want to pick on
my support of Marguerite's shelter by buying from her, go ahead.  If you
want to pick on me for writing Jen B, go ahead.  I'll just scroll past
your posts and move on.

Julie Coddington

[Moderator's note: The advice to think before writing is certainly good.
But not responding at all is not that simple: When a shelter asks for
help it's not unreasonable to ask for more information.  There is only
so much money to go around, unfortunately!  BIG]