From:
Jaclyn Vanderhoef <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 5 Apr 2000 06:55:24 -0700
Hi all!
I am sending this message to this list as when I sent it to the individual,
it came back as undeliverable.  Also, I figure it can help out others, too.

So, to [log in to unmask] and the rest of this list...

Hi there,

I am sorry to hear of the loss of your fuzzie.  I have one with insulinoma,
he's 7 now.  I dread the day that his symptoms get worse again.  My
thoughts are with you.  Also, congratulations on the new arrivals!  I know
they can't replace your 9 1/2 year old, but maybe they will help soften the
impact.

About the ferret food, try Totally Ferret.  It's made by Performance Foods,
Inc.  (the pet store will probably need to know that, and I can find out
the 800 number for them if you need it) As far as I know, all they make is
ferret food.  It's well designed and a great product.  I've been using it
for about 5 years now.  It may take a bit to get your fuzzies to change to
it (or any other food) but they won't let themselves starve.  Also, make a
change gradually, it can help, though mine would just pick out the old food
until it was gone and THEN start on the new stuff.  It's kind of expensive
compared to other foods, but since it is complete and lacks much "filler,"
the ferrets don't have to eat as much AND they poop less.  With them eating
less and using less litter, I've found the price balances out.  Also,
Performance is a rather small company, I believe.  If your pet store can't
order it for you, go to http://www.theferretstore.com They sell it there
and deliver it to your door with no shipping fee.  That's how I get it.
With the convenience of not having to drive 1/2 hr.  to get it and the
lower price, I gave up going to the pet store for my ferrets.  I just get
cat/dog stuff there now.  If you've never ordered online before, don't
worry.  The site is safe.

Or, you can order online and then call their 800 number to give them a
credit card number, I believe.  (if that doesn't work, just write down what
you want, and call in the whole order) My 6 mth old cat is on IAMS kitten
and the bag is nearly out, so I'll be changing over to something else.  Not
sure what yet, though.

Hope this helps.

Jaclyn

Visit my page!
http://flyingferrets.homestead.com/home.html
Pics of me, my woozles, project cars.  Lots of links and other amusements!
Let me know what you think, but be forgiving, I'm still working on it, my
first site.