From:
John Gordon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 29 Jul 2000 16:32:54 -0500
Hello everyone,
I called for closing the thread about Performance Foods and their handling
of the bad food problem.

It seems to me a reopening is called for.

It's now been over two weeks since my friend at the pet store contacted
them about this problem.  They keep telling him replacement food is on the
way.  The distributor told his manager on Thursday that it should already
be there as it had been UPS'd from Loves Park (IL).  I was there and heard
the conversation.  Once again the blame is being passed on to others - in
this case UPS.

It is now Saturday late afternoon and no TF.

I would drive to Loves Park if I were sure there is actually food there.
It is becoming increasingly more difficult to believe the "stories" I keep
getting from the representatives of PF and their designated distributors.

I have been "forced" to "cut" the TF with Eukanuba Chicken & Rice Kitten.

This is called "chasing" your customers away.

After reading the label I'm not certain it isn't better food anyway.  It
starts with Chicken instead of Chicken By-Product Meal.

Are you listening Performance Foods???

I don't care to get into a discussion about which food is better.  In
Central Illinois the only source for many who feed TF can't get new product
to replace the bad stuff.  Our choice is to switch foods or get TF on the
net which doesn't support my friend's pet store.  That goes against my
principles.

I'm trying to convey the message to Performance Foods that they better get
their act together or many will stop feeding Totally Ferret as it isn't
available.

I have asked my friend to continue to carry the product but I understand
that he doesn't want his reputation tarnished because of this situation.

Remember the question going back to Vaudeville Days - "Will it Play in
Peoria?".

Ferrets in Peoria aren't able to get TF.

And the "stories" aren't playing.

John Gordon in business over 30 years by never taking my customers for
granted.