From:
Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 7 Jun 2003 15:59:44 -0400
Okay, not knowing if the notification of this may have any virus in it I
am passing this info on, because this makes three people today having
gotten such mails with my name falsely attached.  Apparently, an address
which is NOT mine <[log in to unmask]> is attached to some Bugbear
viral material.  Actually, I got the mail myself and misread it at first
as one of my real addresses faked in (which many viruses do), but then
when I saw it later I realized that address itself also is not mine.

I do NOT have a smartgroups address.  I have only <[log in to unmask]>
and <[log in to unmask]> .  I do NOT know if this is my long time impersonator
who has been causing problems for people (by e-mail and even once that I
know of by phone to someone who fortunately knows better than to believe
in that person) or if it just if the virus itself making a false origin
address.  Most likely it is just the second this time.

I almost never send anyone attachments and except for a rare few who are
expecting them I do send a separate heads-up if I am doing so.  If you
aren't in that category do not think that such mails come from me and do
not open them.

We are on an operating system that doesn't get this virus but that
doesn't stop others from being accidentally hurt if they open something
that they assume is from me.