From:
suzi lambert <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 19 Nov 2004 21:23:47 -0800
Original post
>From:    jodi cullen
>Subject: Blood Glucose Levels
>
>"My ferret, Canooka had adrenal disease about two years ago.  The
>surgery was successful and she healed quickly.  She began showing signs
>of insulinoma about a year ago, which is normal after recovering from
>adrenal disease."

I didn't know insulinoma was normal for ferrets who had adrenal?  So
is it safe to say my ferret who had adrenal surgery 1 year ago will
automatically get insulinoma too?  Or are they just the two most common
conditions that occur with age?

I am worried, I have had 3 ferrets who have had surgery.  One for adrenal
(who also had a exploratory surgery and no tumors on pancreas detected at
that time) The second for adrenal and tumors were found and removed on
pancreas.  The third,who had low blood sugar and signs and symptoms of
insulinoma, had surgery and the adrenals were fine at this time.

How are adrenal and insulinoma related? Same type of tumor?

thank you,
suzi