From:
Cheryl Bileau <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 11 Feb 2002 11:38:54 -0500
Hello.  I am looking to adopt a ferret or pair of ferrets in MA or RI.  I
have tried all of the shelters around New England and they say that for
$75.00 you can adopt a ferret that is up to date on all of the shots and
fixed.  However, I could get one ay Petco now for $99.00 and they have a 1
year guarantee and come with all shots and fixed and they are babies for
the same price or slightly more as a shelter ferret and the shelter ferret
does not have the one year guarantee.  I have not done either of those
options yet because my husband is between jobs at the moment so I was
trying to adopt a ferret for free so that a ferret that needed a loving
home could have a chance.  I can give a ferret a loving home if given the
chance and provide anyone with a contact person from the Mass Ferret
friends association who has met me and seen me with ferrets but I can not
pay $75.00 for one at this time and if I could afford the $75.00 I would
hold out for one from petco for 99.00.  I realize that the shelters have
costs to maintain the animals they keep so I have even offered to
volunteer my time to the shelters to defer the costs and donate my web
page and flash animation designing abilities for their cause at the
shelter and even HOST the website on my own server to defer the cost and
no one will do it.  That is where I am coming from.  I hope that someone
may have a ferret for me to adopt or maybe has some sort of idea of how
to barter my time or something with the shelters.  I can be contacted at
[log in to unmask] or my main email is [log in to unmask]
I am 28 years old, married with no children living with us and we have a
kitten that is a year old.  I am a stay at home wife and I have the time
to give to a ferret and plenty of love too!

Cheryl