Date:
Thu, 15 Jan 2004 14:15:57 -0600
Music -
When I play certain tranquility CD's the ferrets get calm and sleepy.
The ones that seem to calm them are instrumental.

Milk -
My group gets heavy whipping cream in their daily recipe, some lap milk
from my cereal and some lap ice cream from my bowl.  I'm the one that is
mildly lactose intolerant in our family (nausea, bloating)!  ;-)

Bitsy -
Our Utah ferret that came to us in Sept 2001, marked as 6 1/2 yrs old,
died yesterday.  Bitsy had two adrenal surgeries during her time with
us, both right side.  I knew Bitsy was terminal and she'd been going
downhill for some time - she'd seen our vet and we were left with only
one option - to keep her comfortable till her time to go, which I did.
Yesterday morning when I checked her she was not breathing for at least
2 minutes and as I held her in my arms petting her and talking to her she
took a deep breath and started breathing again.  I kept her with me till
I had tasks that required me not to hold her.  I checked on her several
times during the morning and each time her breaths were far apart - until
I picked her up and then they became strong and even again.  Our vet
suggested a bit of torb to help her sleep so that she could gently slip
away.  I knew exactly when the torb took affect, her breathing labored
then became strong and even again as long as I was holding her.  I held
her for some time, then placed her in her box, checking on her a few
times.  Each time the same thing would occur.  Even though Bitsy was
comatose and her body was no longer supporting her, her brain was
responding to my touch and voice.  Bitsy left us late yesterday morning.

In Bitsy's memory, please give your little ones extra attention today.

My heartfelt condolences to those who have lost their beloved ferrets.

hugs. tle
Troy Lynn Eckart, F.B.S.
Ferret Family Services
http://www.ferretfamilyservices.org