From:
"Shelley R. Abare" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 8 Oct 2004 07:04:05 -0500
Hi all,

Boy have I been busy!  I've signed on to do the FEMA housing inspections
and go from dawn to dusk every day doing inspections.  Then paperwork
when I get home.  The fur kids think they've been abandoned.  Sunday is
my last day though, so I'll get more "fuzzy time" then.

I picked everyone up for a quick snuggle and kisses all around before
I left for work on Wednesday morning.  Never even gave a second thought
to the "perfume" I was putting on.  LOL.  First place I go has a tiny
Yorkie.  She seemed very interested in my pant legs where Brownie had
climbed mount mama that morning.  Again, didn't catch on.  Next place,
same thing, tiny dog, interesting pant leg.  Both owners said they'd
never seen their dogs act like that.  Next house has two Min-Pins.  One,
male, is growling and circling me.  The other, female, is trying to get
in my lap.  The owner put them out, the cat let them back in.  (don't
ask!).  Next thing I know I have a female Min-Pin on my chest alternately
licking and chewing on my shirt where I was covered in ferret perfume and
fur!  I'm sitting there, waiting for the owner to find his papers and
come back, trying to push the dog off without getting bitten.  I was like
"help, hehehe, ummm sir?  Heheh, help, help, hey mister!  Down doggy,
hehehe, aw poop!  HELP ME!  " He finally comes back in and looks at us,
me and the dog.  He got this funny look on his face and then just stood
there saying "bad doggy, get down".  But he didn't come get her!  Finally
she got down and he put them back outside, along with the cat who opens
doors.  Sometime during the lick and chew fest I finally caught on that
it was the ferret smell that was driving the dogs nuts!

So now I cuddle and kiss, then shower and dress, not the other way
around.  (and I ask everyone to put the dogs away before I come in.
LOL).  Gee, and I though driving a school bus was an adventure.

Shelley and the stinky dog lures.