From:
Jeniferret <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 2 Apr 1998 11:15:24 EST
A ferret turned up on the front lawn of a family in Baldwin this week....
wonderful that they took it in, but they appear to be taking no steps to
locate its real family, although they said they would do so.  They are, to
be charitable, very "private" people, and so our mutual friend feared
repercussions if she gave me their phone number.  She conveyed to them my
offer of a spare cage, appropriate food, and advice on caring for it, and
gave them my phone number a few times.  No response.  I went over there and
found out from the sitter that they have it in a box in the basement
bathroom.  My concern is that it is missing its people, its people are
missing it, and that it is not getting anything like good care.  I left
another message with the sitter, offering to be the middle person... if they
didn't want their phone # on signs, they could use mine....again, no
response.

Please ask around to see if anyone in this area is missing their little one
and please email me if you have any further advice... I feel so helpless.
You know how you would feel if one of your babies was being held hostage
like this, and you can imagine how that ferret must feel.

Thank you,
Jennifer LaRossa
P.S. The father in this family has the reputation of picking up any bicycles
he finds unchained in the neighborhood and not returning them.