From:
"LOG MR. MICHAEL HACKWORTH" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 6 Nov 1995 14:20:00 EST
I've noticed alot of people saying "Sorry this is so long" in their posts
when in actuality it's only one or two screen fulls.  Maybe it seemed
longer when you wrote it??  Anyway, my point of this is that you all need
not worry about the length.  Your writting about ferrets, if we didn't want
to read about ferrets we wouldn't subscribe to a listserv that sends out
1000 lines about ferrets daily!  :) And theres no need to apologize for
writting long posts about fuzzies, don't they deserve it??  Just thought
I'd through that out to you all.  (*trying to think of something ferrety to
write*) Nope, nothing for now.  Give your fuzzies a hug tonight and little
kisses too!

[Moderator's note: Ehh... I think I need to step in here :-)  Certainly, if
people have pertinent things to say and need room to say them, by all means
do so, though note that very long posts will automatically be returned to
you (i.e. rejected) without me ever seeing them.  (If it's important that
something long gets posted, email details directly to ferret-request.)

That said, I don't want to encourage long posts either.  It takes a lot of
(my) work to keep each issue down to around 1000 lines, but even putting my
time aside (for the sake of argument), many people would prefer not to make
their service provider richer than necessary by being forced to download
excessively large issues.  And I'm certain many subscribers can't really
find the time to read everything as it is.  BIG]

 Mike H.
Belle & Spyke the styrofoam eaters...