From:
Becky DiRusso <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 9 Jan 2002 07:48:16 EST
>Does anyone know of a way to easily clip their nails?
>~Rob~

Hi Rob!

Our ferrets' nails grow really fast too.  It takes 2 of us to clip their
nails.  One of us holds the ferret by the scruff and supports their bottom
and the other one clips.  When they're scruffed, they dont struggle very
much.  Occasionally they will flinch before you even start clipping.  Just
be careful that you dont cut down too far.  Occasionally we will placate
them with some food item that they really hsouldnt have but love (for
instance, we have one who loves cheese and he is happy to lick a small
piece of cheese while we're doing his nails).  Hope this helps you.

Becky and Heather
The "A" Team...Abby, Andre and Annie...missing Ally
Jack the cat ("Why cant I be a ferret?")
Mendel and Madison...the mice