From:
Chere McCoy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 11 Sep 2004 13:26:25 EDT
It's Saturday the 11th of September.  We got water for 3 hours this
morning and I got to take a shower (it was wonderful I haven't had a
shower in 7 days - I smelled yukee).  Cleaned the ferret play room and
will pick them up this afternoon (oh to have the fuzzies back to hug
and play with, medicate, clean potty box's and do the kissy face tis
wondrous).  A very nice many is coming by at 6pm with his truck and I
will then return to Cookie's and pick up there cages.  We got a donation
of Ice and also these neat bags that I can put in the bottom of the cages
to keep the ferrets cool.

I want to thank all those who are sending the donations to Agedog1 at
paypal.

We still have a 15 minute computer time limit so I have to wait till we
get power (power promised by 19 September - but everyone says it will be
sooner), to send notes to those that have contributed to the shelter.

From the radio it looks like we might not get any effects from IVAN -
gosh I hope not two in 5 weeks is quite enough.

The reason I ran out of stuff was that I had taken most of the disaster
supplies over to the Charley victims so we were at a critical low when
Frances hit us.  80% of Vero Beach (City of) has power, Indian River
County (that's us) has 30% of power.  Wish I would see the power guys
near us.

We were much more lucky then the two people right across the street from
us -- the roofs were torn off and their homes are a completely destroyed.
Larry is getting a big tarp to put over our roof.

I am so thankful that all the fuzzies, the dogs and the bird are all
right -- all my rescues are O.K.  The humane society is holding 3 new
fuzzies that just came in until we get power.

All for now.  Say little prayers for all of us.  Struggling  on.

The Red Cross just delivered a hot lunch!!!!

Thank you all so much with your help the ferrets of FFIRC are going to be
O.K.  More tomorrow when I get another shot at the computer.

Chere McCoy
Ferret Friends of Indian River County Ferret Shelter
8775 20th Street, Lot 614
Vero Beach, FL  32966-3065