From:
"Montgomery, Vicki E" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 2 Feb 2006 11:53:08 -0600
What I'm thinking is that it is too much for any home to support the
emotional, physical, and monetary needs of running a shelter.  Perhaps
ferrets shelter needs should be met by the larger institutions.

Yep just what these animals need..  more human disinterest... let's put
'em all in cages and on concrete and only fed and watered..  MAYBE a
scratch behind the ear once a week... I SAY NO... large instutions are
fine for handling mass imprisonments, and orphanage services, but never
hospice or loving foster care...

I realize what a pipe dream this is but personally..  I think the
breeders should be responsible for their product.  Private homes to
care for fuzzies is fine... I do it... But let each breeder take
responsibility for their over-production or or production of an inferior
(common/frequent diseases not injuries) that they produce... Breeding for
a certain color or pattern trait - but it causes deafness..  FINE...pay
to keep those babies that have Common diseases in a home for the rest of
their lives..  that means vet checks, test, surgeries, meds etc... make
breeders take responsibility for their own defective products (and love
'em love 'em love 'em..  because while they have medical conditions of
the body we know the souls are perfect)...