From:
Mark & Shelly & Evan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 12 Aug 2000 03:36:44 -0500

About six years ago I picked up out of a gutter one late winter night what
I thought to be a 3 month old (at most) kitten.  When I took her to the
vet's the next day I was informed that by her teeth she was anywhere from 6
months to 1 1/2 years old.  She had diarrhea - food did not seem to stay in
her long at all.  We got the diarrhea under control and got her on a good
diet.  She must have been under a year because she began growing rapidly -
tripling her weight (around 2lbs. to over 6) in just a week or two.  She
grew in height and length and maxed out around 8lbs.  and is perfectly
healthy.  She is definitely one of the smaller in all ways cats I have
had. I suppose it could be genetics, but I really believe it to have been
malnutrition.  Had a similar experience with a kitten we found living in a
grocery store years and years ago.  So I would think this could definitely
be the case with your boy.

Shelly