From:
Nilsa Virella <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 21 Aug 1996 21:20:31 EDT
This is my first time on this FML .

I'm writing to see if any one has experienced what I'm going through with my
ferret.  She's a 3 yr old sable .  And recently I discovered a mass on the
back of her shoulder .  I took her to the vet last week , but at the time it
was pink , small, and kind'a dry and flat .  She was also loosing hair on
her tail and the rest of her body.

Well the vet checked her out , and asked me what kind of litter I was using
?  I told her ( fresh step ) " clumping kind " The Vet asked me to stop
using that , and told me to buy ; " YESTERDAY'S NEWS " made of recycled news
paper.  Also she put my ferret on a supplement called DERM CAPS liquid .  It
smells just like ferratone.  And my nichie loves it .  Now Nichie has gained
weight , and her vulva looked ok,,,so it's not adrenal ( for now ) so my Vet
told me to give this a month time , come back and see what happens.

In a week , hair started to grow again.  But just this last Sunday I
discovered that the mass got much bigger and the color was intense ,,
burgundy and irritated all around.

She's very happy and like always jumping around and chasing her younger
brother twice her size.  But I was afraid to touch her , because it looked
like it was going to burst .

Nichie is going in this friday for a biopsy , and I will get the results in
3 - 4 days .

Today I checked her and there is a new one coming out near the first one,,
and the first one changed again, to smaller size but still red,, and
irritated looking .  I notice that last December nichie didn't loose her
face mask,, is that normal ?  and that bump was there but so ever tiny ,,,
and colorless then.

I feel much better knowing I'm not alone anymore .  I was very nervous until
a friend told me about FML.  I thank you all for being here .  : )