From:
Carol Voivedich <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 31 Jan 2003 09:03:03 -0600
On January 18th Lexi, Loki, Marley and Jill joined my clan of six
Jilly, Lilly, Oscar, Newman, Stewart and Pacey.  Oscar is my good will
ambassador, the best ferret in the whole world, six years old and
recovering from adrenal in October.  I knew he would welcome the new
ferrets and he did.  Stewart is deaf and has never shown aggression and
loves to play.  He has no complaints.  Pacey has never shown aggression,
but has turned into a monster.  He attacks the new ferrets.  The new
ferret Lexi weighs 3.5 pounds, but will not stand up to Pacey.  I have
tried everything to get Pacey to adjust, but nothing has worked.  Any
suggestions?

Jilly came to me in May with a questionable back ground.  She is my
shadow and does not want to share me with any ferret.  Jilly has been
excepted by my crew, except Lilly, but she is not excepting the new
ferrets.  She fear poops, territory poops, my carpet is going to be
ruined when this is over.

Newman too has never shown aggression.  For those who have been with the
FML for years might remember Newman.  Millie from Dallas came to visit me
in January four years ago.  We went into a pet store and saw Newman, a
very small albino little boy with a hard thing on his belly.  I fell in
love.  A week later I went back to the pet store and he was still there
again he still had the hard thing on his belly.  I bought him and took
him to my vet to find out he had a very large penis.  My well endowed
ferret does not like the new ferrets.  I have never seen Newman act this
way.  What's up?  It has been two weeks and I have introduced several
ferrets to Newman in the past with no problems.

Lilly is my 14 ounce killer ferret that has yet to except Jilly so I will
not even try with the new ferrets.  Lilly loves Oscar and will tolerate
Pacey, Newman and Stewart, but she hates Jilly.  In fact a fight between
the two was so bad last month that Lilly lost two teeth.

What can I do?  Lexi, Loki, Marley and Jill are such sweet ferrets.  They
came with their own cage and a truck load of toys, treats, food, hammocks
and anything a ferret could dream of owning.  My ferrets should enjoy all
the new toys, but they are more interested in killing the new ferrets.  I
try to show my ferrets how much I love them, but when they are so darn
mean to the sweet angels it is hard to understand.

Thanks for any suggestion,

Carol Voivedich, Oscar ferret, Lilly, Jilly, Newman, Pacey, Stewart,
Lexi, Loki, Marley and Jill
The cats Phoebe and  Menew
The dog Jasmine