From:
William Killian <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 14 Feb 2002 04:41:14 -0500
>From:    snow dove <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: From WV too

We are in Virginia 4 miles from the state line.  We can even "see" West
Virginia at the top of the mountain we see from our front door.

>From:    Danielle Frye <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Rescue topic closed and 'dem bones'
>
>[Moderator's note: Oh wow... BIG is annoyed!  Mark your calendars...
>
>Gotta get that word in anyhow, I see.  I didn't consider Lisa's post a
>bash of Carole.  Further, I've heard from Carole, who also stated her
>side of things and she didn't bash either, though it's clear to me from
>both Lisa's post and Carole's note that misunderstandings abound.

Lisa has posted exactly one post on this topic.  We were a part of this.
Lisa was never the primary person involved here in Virginia.  She was jusi
"on the ground" there in Las Vegas where she had the ear so to say of the
SOS ladies.

We have had our differences with Lisa in the past but we have resolved
all that by getting over the silly politics that were see in the post
from some others on this topic.

All of us here in Virginia were actively hoping that there would be no
relocation (it wasn't really a rescue but just a possible transfer of
over a hundred ferrets from one shelter under unwarranted and improper
governmental 'attack') but we had to be ready if it was to happen.

The worst we can say about Lisa's actions was that she should have not
used the word "rescue" as none of us were under the assumption that we
were retrieving ferrets from a dangerous or horrible situation.  Just a
problem with an over-zealous zoning representative.  Lisa mentioned
another shelter had dealt with that in the past.  She was absolutely
correct - we were that shelter.  Lisa was not guilty of a
misunderstanding; several people were told the same thing by Carole and
all of us knew that there was no such zoning regulation but we had to be
prepared to handle whatever Carole ultimately choose to do.  We all hoped
that Carole would do exactly what she did.  None of us wanted to take her
ferrets.

No relocation had to occur as none was necessary once Carole McCraig (not
Mcrae) talked to her country.  This is exactly what happened in our case
as well.

No one did any bashing until some one long noted for such behavior started
it here in the FML.

bill and diane killian
zen and the art of ferrets