From:
"M. Samme Buck" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 4 Sep 1996 15:32:20 -0400
Hi all:  First, relax, I'm in Oklahoma, not CA,......I'm not the dreaded F&G
and I'm not out to GET anyone.  I need some information.  Sometime ago there
was an article (I think in an El Paso paper) about an alleged ferret attack
on a small child.  This was the one the owner claimed he was sleeping and the
ferret supposedly "chewed" on the childs face.  I remember the outcry at the
time, but never saw anything more about it.

I need some information on that alleged attack.  Was anything else on it
every published?  I'm sure the ferret was destroyed, although I'd love to
hear different, does ANYONE remember this?  I'm fighting the usual blanket
statement about the "ferret attacks baby" garbage.  Need this info.  There
was originally some thought that the owner was going to be held negible in
both care of the animal & of the child.  Even if it's bad news, I need to
know.  Look forward to hearing from you.

One more thing: Please, I wasn't trying to flame the guy on hot sauce....I
don't know it he was talking about spraying it in the face on putting it on
things, looking back, it's not real clear.  BUT.....I don't agree with
either.  If your ferrets are like mine, they can be just a BIT stubborn.
Ingestion of too much hot sauce CAN irritate the stomach, same with bitter
apple.  That's all I was saying.....

Thanks
Samme
(McLeod, Victoria, Aahz, Cirrocco & Natasha all say hi to you and yours)