From:
Carol-Anne Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 26 Jun 1995 17:24:40 -0600
To Dr. Williams and any shelter people on the FML:

So, for shelters which have had occurances of ECE (a.k.a. green diahrrea),
how do you adopt out ferrets?  Ferrets who have had ECE and recovered from
it can still shed the virus to uninfected ferrets.

I would love to get a 3rd ferret, and I'd love to adopt one from a shelter.
My 2 fuzzbeans have not been exposed to ECE.  Is adoption from a shelter
possible?  Also, the shelter I'd be getting a ferret from would be either
the Milwaukee WI one or one in Illinois.  I heard that both have had ECE.

Also, if anyone sees any work of art w/ ferrets/minks/ermines in it, please
e-mail me the artist's name and title of the work!  I'm still looking for
more than the 3 I spotted, but unfortunately one's ferret was not a popular
choice to hold for a portrait....

Oh, yeah, one last question.  Does anyone have any experience w/ mixing
mustelids?  Years ago when I had hamsters, I was told not to mix species of
rodents together b/c they just wouldn't get along.  Does this apply w/
mustelids?  I'd love to adopt a skunk again (had one a few years ago -
absolutely wonderful pet!)  Do skunks and ferrets get along?

Thanks!

Carol-Anne, HodgePodge & Portnoy (male MF sables)