From:
Melissa Litwicki <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 28 Feb 1998 10:32:29 -0500
Before responding, I'd like to strongly encourage everyone to go to the
library and check out Dr. Pitcairn's book, 'Natural Health for Dogs and
Cats,' which is a polite book on the benefits of feeding your pets homemade
diets.

I felt the need to respond to *all* of Ed's post, but refrained.  However,
there is one thing I must address.  Specifically:

>Also one may muse a new signifigance to the ferret chow with the name,
>"Totally Ferret."  Please read, Martin's "Food Pets Die For," but be
>advised to prepare yourself for nausea.

Performance Foods is bound like any other organization to truth in labelling
practices and that their animal protein sources are clearly and unarguably
labelled as CHICKEN.  Having talked to Dr. Willard himself and been told
that the 'by-products' listed are in fact high-quality, expensive organ
meats, and having mentioned that fact here, I am completely assured that the
only ferrets used in the Totally Ferret production process are the taste
testers.

>in ferrets increased incidence of CJD (Creutzfeldt-Jacob Disease)
>sometimes referred to as spongy brain (mad-cow) disease (Bovine
>Spongiform Encephalopathy, a species-crossing disease worse than AIDS)?

I have never once seen any literature implying this could be true.  I may
have read something saying it could be *possible*, but since I don't have
that source handy to quote for the FML I won't continue with that line of
speculation.  It's anyone's judgement as to whether BSE is "worse than AIDS"
but I don't think it's appropriate FML material, and since you have cited no
scientific studies or literature here I have to say that I think you should
refrain from speculating in such manners.

 Melissa

 __ Melissa Litwicki ____ [log in to unmask] __
 By the whole newsgroup devoted tennis showing
     it after scarfing fork and laughters