From:
ROBERT ADAMS <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 17 Sep 2007 08:13:42 -0700
I have been away from the computer for a few days, and admittedly may
not have the whole scoop on the Shelter vs Sanctuary debate. I tip my
hat to all who help the cast off animals, I know of many who deprive
themselfs to insure the well being of the animals in thier charge.I
just need a clarification of the definition of sanctuary. I heard it
descibed here as a forever home for surrendered and rescued ferrets
where they are allowed free run of the home, any and all required
meds and vet care provided and the fuzz are showered with love and
attention. My question: I have what some (my wife included) would
contend an excessive amount of ferrerts. They are all rescues or
surrenders. I meet all the conditions of the discription above.
Does that make my house a Sanctuary?

Bob Adams