From:
Pam Greene <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 3 Jan 2007 20:06:00 -0800
Ferret Central's list of shelters, vets, clubs, contacts, etc. is way
out of date, and I don't have enough time to maintain it properly.

I'd like to convert it to something more like a wiki, where people
can keep their own listings up to date. But I'd prefer something more
structured than a plain wiki: if nothing else, I want index pages that
can't be changed by everybody, and even better would be some way to
make sure that the listings for each page have the same format (or
equivalently, to help people use it who don't want to learn wiki
formatting).

My hosting account has access to both TikiWiki and PhpWiki, as well as
Joomla and Mambo and ten other content management systems I don't know
much about. I also have plain MySQL, if you want to write your own PHP.

If you have experience setting up the kind of thing I'm talking about,
and you're willing to give me a hand getting it going, I would love to
hear from you. Drop me a note and point me to the URLs of the site(s)
you've helped create, and we can talk about what we need and how to do
it. Ferrets everywhere will thank you!

Cheers,

--
- Pam Greene