From:
"Tara L. Elmore" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 27 Aug 2000 14:48:36 -0700
>Um, I may be ignorant here, so excuse me if I am, but why on earth would
>you give a ferret Benedryl??  I have known of a friend's dog who had some
>skin allergies, and our ferrets have little sneezing fits every once in
>awhile (I don't think they're allergies), but it just doesn't sound healthy
>to give them a human allergy medication.  Did someone recommend this to
>you?  Anyone who knows anything about this, please clue me in.  This kind
>of worries me...

My baby girl LS (now since passed due to cancer) once suffered a bad
allergy attack complete with sneezing, watery eyes, runny nose, etc.  My
vet recommended that I give her 1/8 a teaspoon of Children's Benedryl once
or twice a day.  Within 2 days she was back to her normal mischevious self.
However just for sneezing fits- I figure anything that keeps its nose that
close to ground is going to sniff up some dust now and again, and there's
no reason for any medicine in that case (but that's just my opinion....)

Tara and Rickie Ratfink