From:
Gina Hart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 28 May 1996 23:11:15 -0400
Hello, everyone!

THE FERRET PICNIC
Many of you have already received an invitation to the Pittsburgh area
ferret picnic.  For those of you who haven't, I would like to extend the
friendly invitation.  Everyone please note that I had previously given the
picnic date as Sunday, June 23rd.  If possible I would like to change the
date to Saturday, June 22nd.  My best friend growing up has planned her
wedding shower for the 23rd, and I would hate to miss it.

The invitation: You are invited to attend an informal ferret picnic in the
park on Saturday, June 22nd from 1 to 4pm.  The picnic will be held in
either Schenley or Frick Park (location to be announced).  You need not own
a ferret to attend.  It would be wonderful if you would like to bring a
ferret or two (or four), but you are not obligated to do so.  Please have
attending ferrets on leashes.  It is recommended that you bring a portable
carrier as well, just in case.  Of course bring food and water for the
little guys.  If you would like to bring a people snack, it would be
appreciated, but not obligatory.  I will be bringing copies of the mini-FAQ
to distribute to anyone who is interested.  As mentioned, this is an
informal get-together just for the fun of meeting other Pittsburgh area
ferret folks.  Please do spread the word; feel free to invite any interested
friends.  Please call or e-mail your comments, questions, suggestions,
regrets, or confirmations!  My phone number is (412) 643-9494 (home/eve) or
(412) 788-2960 (work/day).

THE FERRET DATABASE
Actually this isn't so much a database of ferrets as it is a database of
ferret folks.  Barb Carlson, a fellow Pittsburgher and FML'r has generously
volunteered to keep a list of Pittsburgh (area) ferret folks.  By
maintaining this list, Barb hopes to keep the local ferret community in
touch.  Sometimes we Pittsburghers can be pretty spread out, and information
does not always travel well amongst us.  If you are interested, please
e-mail Barb with your name, address, phone, vet's name, and any other info.
you'd like to pass along to everyone (e.g.  favorite pet supply places).
Everyone who participates will receive a copy of the list.  As with the
picnic, if you know of any interested friends (with or without e-mail),
please pass the word along.  Barb's e-mail address is

Thanks everybody!  Hope to hear from y'all!

Gina Hart
and
Paleface