From:
Murray Burke <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 16 Aug 2000 09:54:23 +1200
Hi to all the ferret loved and all who love ferrets.

Before there becomes a long debate on the pros and cons of stevia, please
look up some sites on the net and learn a little about the herb.

The following are just a wee few;
http://members.bellatlantic.net/~bon.com/sinfullysweet.htm
http://www.theholisticchannel.com/Herb?stevia.htm
http://www.mothernature.com/ency/herb/stevia.asp
http://www.vitamins.com/encyclopedia/Herb/Stevia.htm

There is heaps of info on the net but doesn't seem to be too much in the
Herb Books.Ive got about 8 herbal bks and none of them list stevia.  The
only place I saw it listed was in a Herb Catalogue called "The Fragrant
Garden" bought out by "Oranga Plants, 60 Port Street East, Feilding, New
Zealand.  Ph (06) 323 4233.  I presume this nursery is still operating
as the catalogue is a couple years old.  I did get hold of some plants at
one stage and yes it is VERY sweet.  Alas they died on me.Strangled or
dehydrated I think.  This was about the time I was fostering ten year old
children and the garden became a last or should I say LOST priority.  I
now settle for fostering Ferrets.  A lot less stressful and much too easy
to fall in love with.

Regards
Colleen And the Gang, Masika, Babygirl, Dukedearfa, Roscoe, Ekatsim,
Zakiya, Zelotis, Baldadear, Fleurby, part time Scruffy man and
adoptables, Mia & Milo two beautiful, playful  little girls, one
cinnamon and one sable, and Benjafuben, a lovely sable boy who just
wants to play and have someone's attention. :-)