From:
Chere McCoy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 9 Aug 2004 10:32:49 EDT
Hi, It's Chere McCoy again and I want to tell you who got our little web
store started.

One year ago a very fat -- obese Ferret weighing in at 7 pounds a
beautiful neutered male.  First we named him Fatty.  Felt bad about
the name so we renamed him Big Boy.

Three months ago we got Big Boy down to an acceptable 3 & 1/2 pounds -
oops that's when we renamed him "The LEAPER."  Leaper did something no
other ferret in our 13 year shelter operation had been able to do -- he
leaped across the playroom barrier!

O.K. we fixed that the barrier is no 4 feet high instead of just 3.

Knowing Leaper need more to build up all those flabby muscles (do to
losing all that weight) I decided to put him to work.

Being an avid Gardner (have a rose garden, Hawaiian garden, desert
garden, & Florida garden) decided to put him to work in the Hawaiian
garden where I grow all types of beautiful Hawaiian flowers.  Got some
black cow, sparghum moss, lots of potting soil with Bloom & grow, other
asundry things and I dug a hole.  Dumped the mix in the hold and let the
Digger loose.  Am telling you this is the best Ferret Gardener you have
ever seen.  He dug, he mixed, he burrowed, he got filthy and had a great
time.

Needless to say my Hawaiian garden is the nicest one and Digger is
probably the healthiest ferret with hugh muscles and always smells like
fresh dirt after a rain (a really wonderful smell).

About 2 months ago I was researching one of my Hawaiian flowers
supposedly "Hidden Lily" (do you know how many lily's are called
Hidden!!!) and found this great web site called Davesgarden.com.
Although it was free to get all kinds of information on every plant you
could possibly hope for, a $15.00 a year membership and you could do
wondrous things on the site.

As a side site are the Store Fronts of scifstore.com.  We got a store and
it is now up and running.

Thank you Digger you inspired the whole shelter!

Ferret People be aware you ferrets can lead you on the most marvelous
adventures.

Chere McCoy
Ferret Friends of Indian River Ferret Shelter