Date:
Sat, 29 Aug 1998 08:40:29 -0400
>RE: Everyone else is well, although Ashling and Scooter are both getting
>pot bellies because they climb into Spot's recovery room and steal his AD
>mixed with butter and his pound cake.  (Hey, anything which gets him to eat
>keeps him alive; if you don't like that then you've never handled anything
>like this stupid illness.)

Hi Sukie!
I had to laugh at Ashling and Scooter stealing someone else's food.  It has
been a circus around here with Daisy healing from her surgery.  She was
supposed to have SOFT food.  Meep who won't look at a treat, much less eat
one, decided it was UMMMM YUMMY and stole it whenever he could.  So did
Shelley, our Shetland who sticks her head in the cage.  Daisy on the other
hand WANTED the hard food she always ate and kept trying to get Meep's food
when possible.  So did Shelley.  Of course Shelley's normal dog food holds
little appeal to Shelley with ferret food anywhere around.  However, both
ferrets LOVE her dog food and steal it whenever it is available (as in on
the floor for her to eat).  So it was 10 days of grabbing a ferret, or bowl
of food, or dog to prevent them from eating what they weren't supposed to
eat.  In the end I gave up and put Meep on the soft food with Daisy which
at least helped some.  And a dog with ferret-food breath.......WHEW!!

Finally, Daisy is back on her regular diet.  :o)

Karla