From:
Lynn Foster or Chris Stephenson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 17 Feb 1999 19:41:53 -0500
Dear FML:

I took Meeka to the vet this week as she had a dramatic weight loss and was
exhibiting excessive water consumption, urination and lethargy.  She has
been on the drenamin for adrenal disease but I felt the adrenal disease was
making leaps and bounds.

The vet did a Clin Chem I blood test as he wanted to rule out anything else
besides just the adrenal disease.  He has just called to say that the
readings are telling him she has kidney disease and he spotted an ulcer on
the roof of her mouth.

He is suggesting that she go in for three days on iv fluids to flush the
kidneys and filter out the toxins - hopefully slow down this ailment (no
guarantees).  He is also going to feed her a special Eucanuba food to take
the protein digestion problem off her kidneys while she is being filtered.
Does anyone out there have any experience with kidney disease and does this
sound like a good plan?  By the time you all get this on the FML she will
have started treatment.  There will be no surgery and he suggested that he
would give me the equipment to do this at home but it is well beyond my vet
skills to do this to Meeka - even though I would want her to be here at
home.  I will go to his office and stay with her as much as I can.  I would
appreciate hearing from anyone with any information on kidney disease.
Please email me asap.

Lynn  (mom of Ferris <RB>, Meeka, Molly <RB>, Koka and Jezz)