From:
Susie Sherman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 14 Dec 1997 22:54:51 -0500
Barbara Ludt, members of the South Fl. shelter, Paula Bryder, and myself, to
name a few, have banded together to help shut down a breeding operation in
Southern Central Florida and we need to rescue 54 ferrets.  Please help us!
We need your assistance in making this rescue a successful one!

This gentleman, who has 54 breeding ferrets, has decided that he can no
handle them and will taking them to an auction to dispose of them as quickly
as possible.  Contact has been made with him and he will be releasing them
to our group, hopefully, sometime next week.  Dr. Kemmerer has agreed to
temporarily house these ferrets and she will perform the medical procedures -
spay/neuter, descenting, heartworm check, and initial evaluations.

How can you help?  Two way: First, send us a tax-deductable check to help us
offset the costs involved with the surgeries, medical checkups, and such.
If you can't afford to send cash, we also need donations of food, hammocks,
litter boxes, litter, water bottles, food dishes - whatever you can spare.
Totally Ferret, 8-in-1, and Canadian Brands will be contacted for donations.

For more information on the situation, please email me at [log in to unmask],
or phone Barbara at (904) 284-9232 or by fax at (904) 284-6998.  Please send
donations to Barbara Ludt, PO Box 984, Penny Farms, FL 32079-0984.

We ask that all donations be made directly to Barbara, but for those who
would rather send their donation directly to Dr Kemmerer, her clinic's
address is: West End Animal Clinic, 103 S.W.  140th Ter, Newberry, FL 32669.
Keep in mind that donations made to Dr K.  will not be tax-deductable.

Secondly, after the surgeries are performed, we will need to find homes for
these ferrets.  The rescues involved are unable, at this time, to house
these ferrets and we need homes for them.  Paula Bryder has suggested that
with the influx of people for the FML's 10 anniversary next month, we may be
able to place some of these ferrets with out-of-staters.  If you'd like to
adopt one of these little guys, please contact Paula at [log in to unmask]