From:
Rob Adlers <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 11 Jul 1996 09:42:38 PST
Dayna,

So you too huh?

Kate and I picked up a Silver Mitt from PJ's (6 weeks old) not too long ago
(named the girl Lola!) and she fit in the palms of our hands.

Now, at around 10 weeks, she's about 1.5 pounds and bigger than Gabby.
Gabby's 1 year and about 1 month old now, used to be 2.5 pounds of chubby,
but has slimmed down to 1.5 pounds.

Thing is, Lola's got huge paws (bigger than Mindy or Gabby). I rechecked....
yep.... she's a woman ferret alright.

Lola was already bigger in mass and size than Gabby at 9 weeks and now she's
catching up to Mindy rapidly.  I've seen Mindy and Gabby grow from being
younguns, but neither grew at Lola's rate.

I'm beginning to wonder if she'll approach a large male size by the time
she's 1.

The breeder is the Manitoba farm.

We also stopped by another store carrying Manitoba silver mitts at 6-7
weeks, and they were large pawed like Lola as well.

Our vet is rather surprised by her growth rate as well.  We swore we didn't
feed her steriods!  <grin>

I've heard that Canadian ferrets are on average larger than most places, but
she's BIG and strong too.  Anyways, the kid is beautiful and healthy....
just hope she doesn't become as big as the cat.  <G>

Rob, Kate and the kids....

     Samson, Mindy, Gabby and Lola