Date:
Thu, 24 Aug 2000 23:05:59 EDT
In the years I have been attending The Greatest Ferret Show On Earth, I
have never seen anyone bring with them ferrets for adoption until last
year.  Now, Maybe I missed what was right in front of my face--but I
personally never saw any ferrets for adoption at the show until last year.
And I like the idea.

People who attend the show know something about ferrets, probably already
have a ferret or a few of the fuzzies, and would most likely not be at the
show if they did not love the little guys.  So having ferrets for adoption
at the show is a good idea to me.

I am excited to tell all of you attending that the Petersen's-our dearest
FML Petersen's- are going to be bringing some of their adoptable little
ones with them to the show.  So if you are going-bring the family to meet
the potential new members of your home!!!!!

Looking for that special ferret as I was before a half dead baby Sunny
Rhino Mudd came into my life??  I wanted a silver mitt with a black nose.
I craved and had waited for one.  But I would not trade the filthiest
ferret for anything-even though my face is now all broken out in my old age
from kissing him on the side of his poopy stinky bacterial contaminated
little weasel face.

I saved his life.  I look at him and know I made all the difference in the
world to him.  THAT is what I see.

How will you feel bringing home a shelter ferret?  What will you see?  I
look at mine, and I feel humble.  And I feel grateful.  And I feel a stab
of sadness as I imagine the disorientation and passage of time in a short
life without a permanent home.  I feel graced by God to be able to make a
full remaining life as a family member possible for my little one.

Give the 'Petersen's an e-mail hello.  Ask any questions that you might
have.  Here is a chance to give one of these precious little ones a home
to call his own.  Or wait until the show.  But if you prefer a little girl
to a boy, or have any other preferences-the Petersens may end up leaving at
home a companion for you that they could have brought with them.

The Petersens address is [log in to unmask]

Bring a homeless, helpless ferret into your life
To love and nurture as your companion unto death?
From a shelter that has done so much for us:
A shelter that needs our support right now:
Talk it over.  Pray about it.  E-mail the Petersen's

www.furryferrets.org

Lisette